Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- We are geared for children aged 2-10.
- There must be 1 adult for every 4 children.
- All children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Adults and children are expected to put away everything they play with.
Hands-on House features self-directed exhibits that are designed for adults and children to play and learn together.
The adult's role during your visit to Hands-on House is very important. Adults can help the children get more out of their visit to the museum by:
- Playing: Join in the playing, pretending, and fun.
- Asking: Talk about what your child is seeing and doing. Share your thoughts and ideas, too.
- Following: Let the child take the lead.
- Sharing: Help the child relate the experiences they have at Hands-on House with other experiences in their life.
- Your admission is good for the whole day and you may leave (to go to lunch, for example) and return the same day. Most visitors stay 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- Everything is on one floor.
- Hands-on House is an active place. Adults should plan to play, too. There is limited seating for adults.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible and has accessible restrooms. We also have a designated bus drop off site and parking spaces for visitors with disabilities.
- The museum is stroller-friendly, but you may find that a front or back child carrier for your infant makes it easier to get around.
- We are air-conditioned.
- We have diaper changing tables in the men's and women's restrooms.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed inside our building.
- We have limited on-site picnic facilities, which may be closed due to museum programs. But, we can always direct you to a nearby park with covered picnic tables within a 10 minute drive.
- Hands-on House offers a small gift shop with t-shirts, small toys and gift items priced from $1-$15.
- We accept payments by cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard.
- In general, the less busy time at the museum is late in the afternoon.
Questions? For more information, call us at (717) 569-KIDS.