Camp Discovery: Ages 4 – 7
Camp Discovery runs Monday to Friday. The activities each day are centered around a unique theme that promotes fun and innovative, hands-on learning experiences. Camp attendees will be separated into groups according to age and grade level. Come explore, play and learn with us.
Ahoy Matey! Shiver me timbers! It’s time for pirate science. Batten down the hatches and set sail for a day of fun on the high seas with captain “Funny Bones Jones.” Combine the classic fun of pretend-pirate exploration with real-scientist discoveries.
The Wizard of Oz Travel along with Dorothy as she is swept away from her farm in Kansas to the magical land of Oz. Follow the Yellow Brick Road as she sets off to ask the wizard for engineering skills that will not only help her get back to Kansas, but will also help her build a house that will withstand a (hair dryer) tornado.
Go Wild The animal kingdom is full of surprises. Find out what makes an amphibian different from a bird, whether snakes have ears and more on this adventure into the wild world of animals that live right in our own backyards.
Crazy Art Day It’s time to get crazy with art and explore your creative side. Why paint with a paint brush when you can use a feather or spaghetti? What happens when you paint with a rolling pin wrapped in bubble wrap? Dress for mess when you Meet the Artist … You!
Summer Olympic Games Join Team USA as we travel to Tokyo, Japan. Learn the science behind some of your favorite sports as you compete in track and field STEM challenges. Enjoy a sightseeing tour or spend time in the Olympic Village sampling (pretend) international foods before it’s your turn to compete in the HOH Olympic Games.
June 15 - June 19
June 22 - June 26
July 6 - July 10
July 20 - July 24
August 10 - August 14
- All weeks of Camp Discovery will have identical themes and activities. While you are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks, we encourage repeat campers during the 2020 season to enjoy a week of Camp Explorer. Camp Explorer will have new themes and activities giving campers yet another way to play with purpose and embrace curiosity. Initially a bonus week available first to campers registered for Camp Discovery, registration for Camp Explorer is now to all campers.
- The camp day has been extended for 2020 and will end at 2:00 p.m. If you wish, you may request a 12:00 p.m. end time for the week.
- Registration fee for Camp Discovery (Ages 4-7) and Camp Explorer (Ages 4-7) is $195/session for members, $215/session for non-members.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Space in each session is limited. Registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For Camp Discovery and Camp Explorer, campers must be 4 years old by September 30th.
- All children attending MUST be toilet trained (not needing diapers or pull-ups).
- For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 569-5437.