Camp Explorer: Ages 4 – 7
“Hands Around the World”
Pick a destination and pack a few bags of imagination. Get ready for an adventure that combines hands-on science, art, nature and imaginative play as our guide for learning. Each daily adventure has been designed to create awareness of faraway places and differing cultures. Camp attendees will be divided into groups according to age and grade.
Limited registration exclusively for campers enrolled in Camp Discovery seeking an additional week of camp.
Rainforest Adventure Brazil is home to the largest rainforest in the world. Walk on the wild side as you discover the plants and animals that call this amazing ecosystem home. Design a “caterpillar hotel” to observe the mysterious metamorphosis of your own live caterpillar as you wait for big changes to occur.
Mummy Mystery How old is ancient? Explore the past and make it come alive as we travel back in time to the ancient Egyptian civilization, known for pyramids, pharaohs, mummies and King Tut. Discover the science behind “pyramid power” as you engineer a sugar cube pyramid filled with secret passages sure to lead to gold and treasures.
Gallery Gang Paint like Michelangelo, sculpt like Donatello and draw like Da Vinci when we journey to Italy. We’ll add hands-on physics to our itinerary as we conduct scientific experiments like “Science Giant” Galileo Galilei. Sightseeing will include The Leaning Tower of Pisa, gondola races and samples of gelato to end the tour.
G’day From island beaches to massive deserts to snow-covered mountains, Australia has it all. First stop the Great Barrier Reef, the largest coral reef in the world, so large it can be seen from space. Learn all about Australian marsupials, like koalas and kangaroos, on a road trip through the land down under.
Panda-monium On this leg of our journey you will get up close to giant pandas (plush, of course) to learn all about their lives and what can be done to help them at the Panda Research Center. STEM challenges await young engineers along the Great Wall of China. And, no visit to China would be complete without a Lunar New Year celebration!
- Camp Explorer will be offered twice: July 13 – July 17 and August 3 – 7.
- Registration fee for Camp Explorer Bonus Week (Ages 4 – 7) is $175/session for members, $195/session for non-members. Registration for this bonus week will be available after your Camp Discovery registration is processed.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Space in each session is limited. Registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Campers must be 4 years old by September 30th.
- All children attending MUST be toilet trained (not needing diapers or pull-ups).
- For additional information, contact email@example.com or call (717) 569-5437.