2020 will be a landmark year for Hands-on House Summer Camp programs. We are adding new weeks, extending our day, and introducing camp for different age groups. Come and enjoy!
Hands-on House Summer Camp is an adventure! Campers will engage in open-ended activities, designed by our Director of STEM Education, to construct, engineer, explore and experiment. Each camper will be partnered with a teenage volunteer to support and guide activities and create an environment full of learning. Camp takes place throughout the museum including the exhibit areas, Clubhouse and garden, where learning is fun, and fun is learning!
2020 Camp Calendar
All camps are drop-off based. Preschool campers must by potty trained. Discovery Camp offers a 12:00 end time. Call for details. STEM Explorers – Bonus Week is available exclusively as a second week of camp for those attending Discovery Camp anytime in the summer.
|May 26-29||Preschool Camp||Ages 3-5||9:00 – 11:30|
|June 15-19||Discovery Camp||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|June 22-26||Discovery Camp||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|July 6-10||Discovery Camp||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|July 13-17||STEM Explorers – Bonus Week||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|July 20-24||Discovery Camp||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|July 27-31||Camp Adventure||Ages 8-10||9:00 – 2:00|
|August 3-7||STEM Explorers – Bonus Week||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
|August 10-14||Discovery Camp||Ages 4-7||9:00 – 2:00|
Sessions are hosted Monday – Friday from 9am – 2pm
9am – 10am: Free play in the museum before its opened to public
10am – 11:15am: Rotate through hands-on activity stations in the Clubhouse and garden. A daily craft will be created to extend the learning at home.
11:15am – 11:30am: Snack
11:30am – 12pm: Large group activity in the garden
12:00 – 12:30: Lunch (kids bring bag lunch)
12:30 – 2:00: Group activities
Come back after January 13 for registration information
January 1 - January 1
January 1 - January 1
- Each named camp will have identical themes and activities. While you are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks, we encourage repeat campers in the 2020 season to enjoy Camp Adventure – Bonus Week because activities will be different.
- Discovery Camp was extended in 2020 to end at 2 pm. If you wish, you may request a 12:00 end time for the week.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Space in each session is limited. First come first serve.
- Age requirements are strictly enforced. For Discovery Camp, campers must be 4 years old by September 30th.
- All children attending MUST be toilet trained (not needing diapers or pull-ups).
- For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 569-5437.
Register For A Program
REGISTRATION OPENS February 2020
There are two ways to sign up for a program: