Make a donation today to expand opportunities for children and their families to learn through play.
Children are curious by nature, eager to explore and unearth new ideas. When given the opportunity to tap into this inquisitive nature we find that “learning” goes far beyond what happens in the classroom.
Learning is active. It happens when children watch bee’s buzzing to and fro pollinating flowers. It happens while shopping at the farmer’s market, while helping a grownup with a building project, while getting messy with art supplies.
It’s these landmark learning experiences that stick with children long into adulthood.
Play isn’t just about having fun (though we’re certainly big fans of fun around here!) Play is about critical thinking through trial and error, about ”what if” and “imagine this.”
Introducing the Hands-on House 2022 Funding Initiative
Striving to REACH more children, ENGAGE in hands-on learning, PROVIDE more fun educational opportunities, and BECOME more as an organization in the community.
What Hands-on House is already doing to improve access to educational opportunities.
- Expanded museum hours to benefit working families by bringing programs to evening and weekends
- Planning in-class math and literacy program for pre-k students in Lancaster through Discovery Outreach
- Offering free/low cost access to the museum for military members and families enrolled in PA SNAP program.
- Offering scholarships to families in need who wish to enroll their child in Summer Camp
Your donation will help us:
- Provide Summer Camp scholarships
- Maintain and improve current exhibits
- Create programs that promote diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Expand our Pre-K outreach programs
- Develop more in house Hands-on programs focused on STEM, reading, art and more
- Host special community events
- Offer SNAP discounts to participating guests
- Offer Military admission discounts
- Purchase educational supplies for classes
- Keep up with operating costs so we can continue serving the community and providing learning opportunities for kids
On Friday November 19th, please visit www.extragive.org/organizations/hands-on-house-children-s-museum-of-lancaster to make a contribution — and know that your gift preserves a cherished community resource and supports the kind of learning that lasts forever.