Outreach Program Instructor
Reports to: Director of Outreach
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is seeking a motivated, and enthusiastic educator to represent the museum in a school setting, to teach our Outreach Programs. While at school, this person will be responsible for set-up of learning stations, presentation of learning content in a group setting, guiding student inquiry and discovery, and transporting materials to and from the school in our museum van. The ideal candidate enjoys working with children, understands how children learn, and is dedicated to making learning fun.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and PA. State Teacher Certification
- Experience teaching in an Early Childhood or Elementary classroom setting
- Valid Driver’s License, and good driving record
- Ability to lift 30 lb.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Child Abuse Clearances and FBI fingerprinting required
- Seasonal position (January-May)
- Schedule varies according to program needs, averaging 8-18 hours/week
- Scheduled times are Monday through Friday during the school year
- Summer hours also available
- Seasonal, part-time hourly position
- $16.- $18. per hour based upon experience
Please send an email to Dawn Will at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is a not-for profit organization. The museum is geared for children 8 and under. At Hands-on House, adults and children learn and play together. Hands-on House provides an inclusive environment that facilitates learning through play and a sense of belonging for children and families, igniting a love of learning on site and in the community through an innovative combination of Technology, Science, Engineering, Math, and Creative Arts.