Summer Camp Art Teacher
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is looking for energetic, dedicated teachers for our summer camp. Our camp runs from 9 am – 12 pm each day for the first two weeks of the summer and 9 am – 2 pm each day for the last six weeks. Our camp serves children ages 4-10. The Summer Camp Art Teacher will teach and facilitate pre-planned art lessons and projects to groups of 8-12 campers at a time.
- 2+ years documented work with children
- Degree or in the process of obtaining a degree in art education, early childhood education, or related fields
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work outside for 5+ hours, be on your feet for extended periods, and lift 25+ pounds
- Available for at least 6 of 8 weeks of camp (running from June 12 to August 11 with the week of July 4th off)
- Teach planned art lessons and projects to groups of 8-12 campers at a time; campers will be ages 4-10 in groups according to age
- Clean and maintain art space
- Organize and set up materials for activities
- Communicate with Hands on House Art Educator about materials to restock, activity plans, etc.
- Plan art-based free time activities
- Facilitate afternoon free time activities
- Supervise children during transitions, playground time, and lunch
- Direct and supervise youth volunteers
- Assist in set up and clean-up of camp activities
- Ensure safety policies are followed
- Average workday 8:15-2:30
- Rate: $14-16 an hour
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working with children ages 2-10 and their families to learn through play.
Our Mission: Hands-on House provides an inclusive environment that facilitates learning through play and a sense of belonging for children and families, igniting a love of learning on site and in the community through an innovative combination of technology, science, engineering, math, and creative arts.
To apply, click here and apply on our staff portal.