Summer Camp Group Teacher
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is looking for energetic, dedicated teachers for our summer camp. Our camp runs from 9 am – 12 pm each day for the first two weeks of the summer and 9 am – 2 pm each day for the last six weeks. Our camp serves children ages 4-10. Group teachers will oversee groups of 8-12 campers.
- 1+ years documented work with children
- Preference given to those with a degree or in the process of obtaining a degree in early childhood education, science education, art education, or related fields
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work outside for 5+ hours, be on your feet for extended periods, and lift 25+ pounds
- Available for at least 6 of 8 weeks of camp (running from June 12 to August 11 with the week of July 4th off)
- Child abuse, state police, and fingerprinting clearances required
- Oversee a group of 8-12 campers with the assistance of youth volunteers
- Assist activity teachers in teaching and facilitating activities
- Lead and facilitate educational games
- Supervise children during transitions, playground time, and lunch
- Facilitate free time activities
- Direct and supervise youth volunteers
- Assist in set up and clean-up of camp activities
- Ensure safety policies are followed
- Address any camper conflict in their group and enforce rules fairly and consistently
- Average workday: 8:15-2:30
- Rate: $13-14 an hour
Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working with children ages 2-10 and their families to learn through play.
Our Mission: Hands-on House provides an inclusive environment that facilitates learning through play and a sense of belonging for children and families, igniting a love of learning on site and in the community through an innovative combination of technology, science, engineering, math, and creative arts.
To apply, click here and apply on our staff portal.