A letter from the Executive Director regarding COVID-19 protocol.
Over the past two years, Hands-on House has worked hard to navigate the organization through the challenges presented by COVID-19 and how it impacts the children and their grownups, our staff and volunteers, and the organization’s ability to fulfill its mission.
A recent review of our protocol, based on data and consultation with authoritative sources, enables us to modify some of our COVID-19 policies.
- Prior to Monday, March 28, 2022, masks are required for all visitors 3 and older regardless of vaccination status. Hands are to be washed upon arrival and temperatures will be taken upon entry.
- Effective Monday, March 28, masks will be OPTIONAL for all visitors EXCEPT for designated “Mask Required Days” which will be Thursdays.
- Staff will continue to wear masks while on the museum floor with very limited exceptions.
- Temperatures will no longer be taken upon arrival. Those who are symptomatic or recently exposed to COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- All visitors will be required to wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry to the museum.
- Thursdays will be designated as A “MASKS REQUIRED DAY” beginning Thursday, March 31, 2022. Other than medical exemptions, no mask – no entry.
- Hands-on House will continue to limit capacity. We strongly suggest pre-registration on weekends, school holidays, and rainy days. As we near capacity, only those with reservations will be guaranteed admission.
- Visits on weekends, school holidays, and rainy days will continue to be limited to 90 minutes indoors and unlimited time outdoors. Time restrictions will be lifted remaining weekdays.
- Masks will continue to be available at the front desk if needed.
Thursdays were selected as the Mask Required Day, since it is one of our longer days, open 9am-8 pm, allowing working families to attend, birthday parties are available, and discounted admission is available after 1 pm.
We will continue to review conditions and adjust our COVID-19 protocols as necessary.
Thank you for all you do for your children and grandchildren. Thank you for all you do for Hands-on House.
Jim Bland, Executive Director, 717-808-4950 (mobile), email@example.com